April 21, 2017 (Julian 111)
Yesterday I forgot to address something important. April 20th is the anniversary of Adolph Hitler’s birth in 1889. Few historical figures can generate the kinds of reactions that Hitler can. In keeping with my basic idea that astrology is not about “fate” but about “tendencies” and “opportunities” and “windows,” I would like to take a moment to make a few points from my vantage point.
- At least a few people have argued that Hitler was “created” by circumstances, especially the harsh treatment of Germany after World War I. (I first heard this idea promulgated in a history class.) The idea is simple: if Germany had not been treated so harshly, then the economic climate would not have been ripe for the rise to power of a dictator like Hitler. (Maybe Ernst Rohm? Would a gay Sagittarius Nazi have been as bad as Hitler? We will never know.)
- If #1 is true, then it is possible, maybe even likely, that some other dictator would have risen to power in these circumstances. He might not have been as bad as Hitler. Or, as inconceivable as it sounds, he might have been worse.
- If #1 and #2 are true, then this begs a rather interesting question: if Hitler’s life had been ever so slightly different, or if Germany had not been in such dire straights, what might have happened with Hitler?
Before I go any further, let me point this out: Hitler set in motion a number of atrocities. I am not making an apology for him. And, Grant Lewi (now long deceased) was highly influential on me as an astrologer. Indeed, much of what I know about Saturn comes from Lewi and his analysis of Hitler in “Astrology for the Millions.” Lewi treated Hitler’s life as inevitable, but I am not absolutely convinced of that because I believe that individuals have free will even if collectives, paradoxically, do not. (And, they don’t.)
The solution to this “paradox” is that collective have roles (more like “holes”) in them that some individual, from a pool of individuals, will inevitably fill. And, I think that is what happened with Hitler: he filled a “hole” in the fabric of post World War I Germany that gave rise to Nazi Germany. Lewi points out that “conquestial dictators” like Hitler (or Napoleon) are usually fixed signs (respectively Taurus and Leo).
(This seems to ignore Stalin the Sagittarius, but then Stalin was not a conquestial dictator. (However, this source claims Stalin was responsible for 40 million deaths, dwarfing Hitler’s six million Jews. They were both unspeakably evil. And, opinions vary about numbers and details. And, one more. I believe Stalin killed more, and here is why: Stalin operated, unopposed, over a much longer period of time.)
Given that Rohm was a Sadge (and a better trained soldier), maybe he might not have moved quite as quickly as Hitler did. And, just maybe, a slower pace might have given Germany the time they needed to build nukes… …a very different timeline, indeed.)
With that in mind, and before I give today’s forecast, I offer the following possibilities.
- A number of people have offered that if “things” had been a little different, a number of historical figures would not have risen to prominence and would have died in obscurity. The two that I recall are (1) Adolph Hitler (dying as a petty criminal) and (2) Malcolm X (also dying as a petty criminal if he had not converted to Islam). I am sure this is likely with others as well. (Possibly Nelson Mandela? Unsure.) That is, if something involving Hitler’s time in prison / writing “Mein Kampf” had differed even slightly, things might have been very different for him. (More time in prison (shifting the timeline) or maybe no prison time (eliminating the motive and opportunity to write “Mein Kampf”) or ?)
- If somehow the timeline shifted slightly before his birth, and he had been tagged with the name “Schiklgruber” instead of “Hitler.” (For more, see here (and numerous other sources).) As a number have written before me, imagining millions of German shouting “Heil Schicklgruber” is very nearly comic. And as others have written before me, I will say that it just would not have happened. His name would have been wrong, and he would NOT have risen to power. I still think the Nazi party, or its equivalent, would have crystallized around some other human crystal, er, “leader,” but not “Adolph Schicklgruber.”
- If he had been accepted to art school. Others have also made this speculation. Even if he proved to be a crappy artist and were later kicked out, it would have changed the timeline enough that he would not have been part of the “Beer Hall Putsch” or gone to prison or written “Mein Kampf” or… …you get the picture. Different timeline = no Adolf Hitler as “der Fuhrer.”
- From here, I would have to dive into a deep dive into Hitler’s natal chart and life events to see where the other breakpoints are in his timeline. But, I am fairly certain they are there.
Which brings us back to our regularly scheduled program and YOU. Astrology, in my opinion, is NOT FATE. It involves many timelines, some more probable and others less probable, but all contingent on our decisions when presented different “windows of opportunity.” Almost every day (if not EVERY day), you are presented with opportunities to “change the road you are on” (stealing from “Stairway to Heaven”). Maybe today is one of those days?
The big news for today is (1) Mars moves into Gemini and (2) Venus squares Saturn. Regarding the Mars move into Gemini, 5D Astrology has a superb piece on that, and we do not think we can do better. We recommend you read that. Regarding Venus square Saturn, We wrote a piece on this type of aspect in 2015. For many people it is a tough aspect, and this one hits any late mutables hard (Gemini about June 15th or later, Virgo about September 15th or later, Sagittarius about December 14th or later, and Pisces about March 15th or later). Late Scorpio or late Cancer will also feel it to some degree. Late Aries or late Leo might also feel it. Smartest use for this kind of thing is to review your budget and finances get those kinds of things in order. One thing that can prosper here: “May-December” romances (old + young).” Just do not kidnap anyone underage and flee out of state. (That would be a bad idea under any set of aspects.)
Lunar aspects are fairly ordinary. Moon in late Aquarius turns void a bit past 1 PM CDT and moves into Pisces by 3 PM CDT. Accomplish what you can before the void and take a break, if at all possible, for the rest of the day. Watch your temper about 3 PM CDT (or avoid over-doing it if you are exercising) and finish business that you must finish, deferring the rest to another day.
Outers are moderately busy with the main punctuation mark being Mars square North Node. Again, avoid unnecessary quarrels or overdoing it, but do know that an important message will come to you about some conflict today.